Thursday, April 29, 2010

What to write, what to share

This journey is a deeply personal one; so figuring out what to share and how to share it is one of those things that only get more difficult the more thought I put into it.

I've put together a list of posting categories for posts in the hopes that for future reference I won't have to wade through a hodge podge of labels. Integrating spiritual practice with creative practice is high on my list of priorities on this journey, as is creating a Book of Shadows that I can physically hold in my hand once the three hundred and sixty six days are done.

On my To Do list today is to get some pages ready for that book. I'll be using some of the art paper that I have on hand in my studio space and creating multi-media pages using the pages as a starting point, substrate to thoughts, sketches, collages, photographs and whatever else I think needs to be there.

I've started to re-read some of my books in preparation for all of this. I'm a little up in the air at the moment about whether to have a dedication ceremony at the beginning of this journey or at the end or maybe I will need to do both. I suppose that will be my first post once the journey begins.

No comments: